Friday, July 23, 2010

Step 1 Demolition





We can't make an omlete without breaking some eggs. We decided we needed something in a little better shape in the spot the hot tub was occupying. So, we bought a pool from craigslist and started trashing the place. Boy am I glad. We had looked at the hot tub and decided that it was to cracked to use. When Greg starting cutting it up we discovered that it had been made into the home of our earlier invaders,

They had scratched out the insulation and made a home inside the hot tub! Yummy. Greg decided that this was our grossest project yet! I'm so glad it's gone.
Greg's favorite part of the whole project was having an excuse to buy a sawzall! It cut through the hot tub like butter.

Now, onward with the work. And sometime this summer, a pool!


More fun this summer has included swimming lessons for the boys. James got to join the fun this year, and good thing because last year it was all I could do to keep him out of the pool.

The best parents in the world!
Yes, I am the proud daughter of the best parents in the world. My very patient father has been letting the boys help him mow. Notice I said he is mowing. He loves my new toy and is the only other person who has had a turn so far. He has come over two weekends in a row to "help" with the mowing. Tonight when they left my yard looked so nice. Who knew grass could make a person so happy!



Then there is my mother who went shopping with the boys and I for hours today! My goodness she is a saint! She has had more than her share of time helping here too. What would I do without you two!

Ruth and the girls drove all the way from Oaklahoma. Ruth is amazing. David is in the Middle East and she came up for the summer to visit friends and family. It was awesome having them here and leaves me with a pain because they live so far away. I wish we could see them more often.

We love you!

1 comment:

Amanda Morgan said...

The demolition looks so familiar! Steve loves the sawzall as well! In all our demolitions we haven't been lucky enough to find raccoons yet!
Your house looks amazing!